In my video Strengthening the Bond, I discussed the importance of a family spending quality time together. One of the first signs of a marriage failing is the lack of quality time spent together! When life begins to get too busy and time together becomes less important, the marriage is in trouble. Men, as leaders, must lead their families in these areas and spend quality time with their families. Church is a great way to bring your family together while also learning and growing in the word. In these end times, being around like-minded believers in a worship setting is more important than ever before.
Heb. 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
The Institute of Family Studies Blog states: Considerable research over the last two decades has been devoted to the relationship between religious participation and health and well-being. Our research on this topic at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health links religious service attendance to a number of better health outcomes, including longer life, lower incidence of depression, and less suicide. Our work also indicates that religious service attendance is associated with greater marital stability—or more specifically, with a lower likelihood of divorce.
Why might religious service attendance protect against the likelihood of divorce? More research into the precise mechanisms is still needed, but a number of factors seem like logical possibilities that should be investigated further.
- Religious teachings often indicate that marriage is something sacred—that an important bond is created in the exchange of marriage vows. Attending religious services reinforces that message.
- Religious teachings also discourage or censure divorce to varying degrees across religious traditions, which may lead to lower rates of divorce; moreover, religious traditions also often have strong teachings against adultery, which is one of the strongest predictors of divorce.
- Religious teachings often place a strong emphasis on love and on putting the needs of others above one’s own. This may also improve the quality of married life and lower the likelihood of divorce.
- Religious institutions often provide various types of family support, including a place for families to get to know one another and build relationships, programs for children, marital and pre-marital counseling, and retreats and workshops focused on building a good marriage. Religious communities can provide important resources for a healthy marriage.
- Finally, other research indicates that religious service attendance is associated with a number of other positive results (see figure below). For example, our research at Harvard indicates that regular religious service attendance is associated with a lower risk of dying over a 16-year follow-up and also a lower incidence of depression.4Additional research finds that religious service attendance is associated with greater levels of meaning in life and greater levels of happiness.5 These things are generally associated with greater marital satisfaction and a lower likelihood of divorce. So religious service attendance, by improving other aspects of life, may also indirectly support marriage.Read More Here
Strengthening the Bond is a must for all parents, teens, and leaders! With the rise in broken marriages, homes, and families, we need a reality check. Where is this going? What happens when marriage is no longer a sacred institution and the norm is for children to be born to single or same sex parents? What will happen to our education system when 90% of our youth are sexually active? What will happen to our youth if they continue to eat unhealthy foods, watch unhealthy television programming, and continue to contract STD’s at a 1 to 4 ratio? If we as a people don’t stand up now we won’t have any say in these matters later on. We must stand up NOW! G. Craige Lewis delivers a powerful message to all families and breaks down the proper structure of the home and God’s original formula for success in the home. There is no hope for our future unless we first “Strengthen the Bond” of our familes! Click to get your copy now!